Revised November 17th, 2014
MUSIC CAREER RESUME
MISSION STATEMENT: MY
APPROACH IS RESULTS BASED AND FOR A REASON: YOU ARE WORKING TO
BECOME SUCCESSFUL. MY DUTY IS TO HELP YOU FIND THE RIGHT OPPORTUNITIES
AND UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL. NO HYPOTHETICAL "BUSINESS MODELS" AND NO BS.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
MUSIC BUSINESS SERVICES
Extensive experience in entertainment
management, venue management, concert production, entertainment
booking, event promotion and advertising.
- In depth knowledge of the
nightclub, concert and theater businesses.
- In depth knowledge of the radio broadcast, TV and advertising businesses.
- Market Research and Brand Development.
- Event Planning and Publicity.
- Negotiating Contracts, Spec & Hospitality Riders and Event/Usage
- Experienced with stage/concert management, HR duties and overseeing
production crew and event personel.
- Working knowledge of the hotel, restaurant, and hospitality industries
and how they intersect with the music business.
- Key Work Experience:
Music Consultant, 2000-Present
- XM Satellite Radio, 2005-2008
- Freelance Radio Production and Recording Services,
- Fenix Nightclub, York PA 1990-1998
- Additional Work Experience:
- The Velvet Rope (nightclub), York PA 2000-2005
- Big City Nightclub, York PA
- Additional skills and knowledge base.
Experienced with strategic planning, business forecasts
and projections, and needs analysis. Direct knowledge of standard accounting
practices, insurance/bonds, tax issues and financial planning. Understand how
royalty, fee and commission based payment systems work.
"Can read a 'P&L' and make sense of
- Education: "Accounting for Small Businesses"
Penn State, York Campus - 1987
- Direct knowledge of how music copyrights
work including standard licensing practices.
- Direct knowledge of the music publishing business, how record
labels work, and the music production process.
- In depth understanding of A&R and the artist development process.
- Understand music distribution and retail,
including both online and brick & mortar.
- Education: "Music Marketing" (non-credit course)
Harrisburg Area Community College - 1995
- Read many books about the music biz including "The Art of
Music Production" by Richard James Burgess and "Zen and The Art
of Producing" by Mixerman.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE - CREATIVE SERVICES
Experienced in syndicated
radio production and distribution. Abilities include program
creation from initial concept thru delivery
to affiliate stations, writing music playlists, audience/market
research, and script/copy writing. Direct knowledge of radio
formats and ratings systems along with radio/TV underwriting and
- Original radio programming includes:
- "Studio 83 on Chrome", XM Satellite Radio, 2005-2008 -
featured on-air DJ
- "Mix Attack Radio Network"
2000-2008 (syndicated on seven stations)
2000", WMSS-FM 91.1, 1993-1998
- Other credits include
various freelance work aired on:
- 98.5 WYCR, Radio
- WQXA "Q106" York PA
- "Wink 104"
- "FM-97" WLAN Lancaster PA
- Susquehanna Broadcasting (stations nationwide) and
Skilled with musical arrangements,
composing music and lyrics, jingles and
related crafts. Have formal musical training in voice, keyboard,
guitar and drums. Musical and theater experience as a performer.
Studied music composition and arrangement at the college level.
- Music composition classes, York College of PA - 1986-1987
- Radio production classes, York College of PA - 1986-1987
- Certificate in Theater Arts, William Penn Performing Arts Institute - 1985
- Received private musical instruction in the following; keyboard, guitar, drums
and vocals. Also studied acting, improv, theater and dance.
- Deep knowledge of the dance music remix market.
- Commercially released remix projects include:
- "Used Kids" by Earwig, trance/techno-styled remix - 2008
- "Who Farted?" by Uncle Tone? - electrofunk-styled remix -
- 26 years experience as a working DJ, both nightclub and
mobile 1983-2009. Residencies included:
- Big City Nighclub,
York PA 1985-1990
- Studio One, Harrisburg PA 1986-1987
- The Next Step, York PA 1987-1990
- Fenix Nightclub, York
- Club Allegro, Baltimore MD 1993-1995
- The Velvet Rope, York PA 2000-2005
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE -
Skilled with audio mixing and
editing, both DAW and tape. Direct knowledge of audio
mastering for music and broadcast.
- Knowledge base includes:
- Pro-Tools, Digital
Performer and RADAR-24 DAW systems
- Otari MTR series
analog tape machines.
- Mixing consoles by SSL and others.
- MIDI systems including keyboards, drum machines and
- Certificate in Audio Production,
Sheffield Institute - 2001
Experienced in music recording on
location. Abilities include session, staff and technical management.
Coordinated with video teams and have basic knowledge
of video production practices.
- Credits include recording
gospel musician Squire Parsons for the movie Resurrection, directed
by Deborah Sprouse and Don McGonigle. 2012
- Additional skills and knowledge base.
- Experienced with audio, video and lighting system
rigging and integration. Includes three-phase power
systems and scaffolding/truss rigging.
- Experience mixing concert sound.
- In depth knowledge of electronics - analog, digital and RF.
- Skilled at electronic repair.
- Education: Associate Degree in Electronics
York Technical Institute - 1991
- Understand basic website design and basic knowledge of
internet protocols and domain name management. Basic knowledge
of e-commerce practices and standards.
NON-MUSIC WORK EXPERIENCE
- Othmar Carli Building Restorations,
1986-2011 - Family owned business
construction and contracting
- Previous experience in the construction trades including
carpentry and finish work.
- Experienced with building wiring
and three-phase power (delta/wye).
- Experienced with
scaffolding and trusses.
- Field Service Manager, York Newspaper Company 1998-2000
Job responsibilities included overseeing route carriers and
RETURN TO RADIATION